This is a part of a series of our cultural exchange activities. In this session, we will be getting expatriates to share their views and knowledge about their country. Through this sharing, participants will learn to appreciate Indonesia’s culture.
We welcome all participants and this sharing session will be conducted primarily in English.
To ensure that all participants will have an enjoyable experience, we will appreciate that the community observes the following rules:
- Please be respectful to others as you would treat yourself.
- Should participants experience harassment from any parties, please inform the organiser/event host immediately.
In response the organising community reserves the right to ban members from attending future events.
Profile of the presenter
- Introduction to Tionghoa (Indonesian Chinese)
- Brief History and Population of Indonesian Chinese in Indonesia
- Language, Dialect & Religions
- Festival & Celebration
- Networking and sharing session
Key notes to take
- Please note that during this event, participants are required to purchase at least 1 item (food or drink) from the cafe as goodwill. The management has kindly agreed us to host this event on their grounds and we should at least reciprocate this kindness by patronising the vendors.
- The PDF version of Bahasa Indonesia notes for the event will be available for attendees to download the day after the event.
When: 1 December 2018
Time: 2:00 – 4:00PM
Where: Dimbulah Coffee @ Raffles Hospital
Address: 585 North Bridge Road #01-01, Singapore 188770 (opposite Bugis Junction)
Organiser: Diverse Origins
Contact: (+65) 85315609 (via WhatsApp)